Terrorist Squad Who Executed Terror Attack In January Arrested

In a joint ISA (Shin Bet)-IDF operation, the terrorists involved in the January 20 shooting attack against an IDF force in Amari have been arrested over the past few weeks. No injuries were incurred during the attack but one vehicle was damaged. Employees of Ramallah’s Red Crescent, as well as the goalkeeper of the Palestinian Olympic soccer team, were involved in the attack. The AK-47 rifles used during the attack were supplied by a Palestinian who is responsible for security in the Red Crescent.

Thirteen residents of Amari were detained for investigation, during which they conveyed information regarding violent riots near the security fence and activities against security forces in the area.

The central suspects of the shooting attack are:

  • Salih Bar’al, born in 1989, resident of Amari, Red Crescent guard.
  • Omar Abu Rois, born in 1989, resident of Amari, affiliated with the Hamas terror organization, works at the Red Crescent and goalkeeper of the Palestinian Olympic soccer team.
  • Fuad A’usha, born in 1989, resident of Amari, owns a barber shop.
  • Ahmed Hatab, born in 1989, resident of Amari, works as a guard at the Red Crescent.
  • Munzar Abbas, born in 1971, resident of Amari, officer of the Palestinian “General Intelligence” in Ramallah, responsible for security at the Red Crescent. Also regarded as an arms dealer.
Weaponry Uncovered in Palestinian's Home

Archive: Weaponry Uncovered in Palestinian's Home

Investigations revealed that the attack was carried out by Salih Bar’al and Omar Abu Rois, using two AK-47 rifles that were acquired by Abu Rois from Munzar Abbas, just 6 weeks prior to the attack. A’usha functioned as a sentry during the attack.

Following the attack, the assailants left the rifles in a bag at an abandoned house, planning to move them to a new location the following day. Later on, Abu Rois conveyed the weapons to Hatab, who returned them to Munzar Abbas following the arrest of Abu Rois. Investigations revealed intentions to conduct additional attacks near Atara, Atarot Crossing, Ma’ale Adumim, Ofra and Nablus. These attacks were prevented by the suspects’ arrests.